2 cups Cous Cous
1 cup boiling water
1 red onion
1 green paper
3 spring onions
1 juice of lime
1 tspn salt salt
Handful of coriander
Balsamic vinegar (to dress)
1. Start by boiling your kettle and pouring the cous cous into a large plastic bowel. Add the boiling water to the cous cous and stir until all the water has soaked into the grains, cover and leave for 5 minutes.
2. Chop all of your vegetables into small 1/2 cm pieces and leave on the side. Take your lime and squeeze the juice out, removing pips and set aside.
3. Go back to check on your cous cous, fluffing with a fork to check it has taken in all the water but also is not too dry, if so add more, stir and cover for a further minute.
4. Add salt and vegetables to the bowel of cous cous and stir vigorously. Add your lime juice. Chop coriander and add as well. Set aside.
5. Take your avocado and slice into 1 inch chunks, and arrange in a bowl. Sprinkle balsamic vinegar over and set aside to allow the flavours to marinade.
6. Take cous cous and serve on plate and add toast (if you like!). Remove avocado from bowl and serve on side. Enjoy!